Considered to be one of the most challenging of all basic leg exercises even for fitness buffs, the Pistol Squat is great for quads and butt. Of course, all your hard work will surely pay off as soon as you see your legs looking toned and just amazing.
- Stand straight with feet apart. Place fists in front of chest while keeping elbows bent.
- Lift right foot a few inches forward off the floor. Keep foot flexed.
- Squat and bend left knee by about 90 degrees. Lift right leg in front to hip level.
- Perform 15 to 20 repetitions. Switch sides and repeat. Do 2 to 3 sets.
- Make this workout easier by letting right heel hover close to the floor instead of lifting to hip level.
- For balance, hold onto a horizontal bar.
- Instead of lifting leg forward, you can wrap leg behind the bending/supporting leg.
- For a harder workout, do full squats or hold dumbbells or weighted bar.
- Keep back straight.
- Make sure knee is pointing to the same direction as your foot
- Breathe gently.
- Avoid jerky movements.