For chocolate lovers, this Grilled Dark Chocolate Sandwich Recipe is to die-for. You can prepare it anytime of the day and enjoy the delicious feeling of biting into a sandwich and have your favourite chocolate melt in your mouth. Use dark chocolate to make this a healthy treat!
- Fat-free evaporated milk
- Bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- Low fat and unsalted butter, softened
- Whole-wheat or white sandwich bread
- Bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips
Optional: Chopped toasted hazelnuts, confectioner’s sugar for dusting.
- In a small pan, heat evaporated milk until boiling. Add chopped chocolate and whisk until melted and well blended. Set aside.
- Spread butter on all the sliced bread. Press chocolate chips (and hazelnuts) on the other sides of some of the sliced bread. Cover these with the other buttered bread, butter side up.
- In a large non-stick pan, cook sandwiches over medium heat for about 2 minutes. Flip over and press until chocolate is almost fully melted.
- Transfer to a plate and cut sandwiches in half. Dust with confectioner’s sugar if preferred.
- Serve warm.