Prepare a low calorie yet healthy meal for your family dinner in just 20 minutes. This tasty Teriyaki Salmon with Pineapple recipe is bursting with flavour and you will also love that its main ingredient is salmon – a fish which has high amounts of Omega 3 fatty acid. In other words, a good guy!
- Salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- Brown sugar
- Low-sodium soy sauce
- Orange zest
- Pineapple juice
- Canola oil
- Ground black pepper
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, soy sauce, pineapple juice and orange zest. Bring to a boil over high heat. Simmer and reduce to ¼ cup. Remove from heat after 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Marinade salmon with salt and pepper.
- Pour olive oil in a large skillet. Add salmon to pan and cook for at least 3 minutes. Turn fish and cook the other side.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 3 minutes. Remove from oven and brush salmon with the pineapple juice mixture.
- Return to oven and cook for another minute. Test salmon for doneness using a fork.
- Remove from oven.
- Serve with couscous (if preferred).